A perfect blend of creativity and functionality, that is modern day dining room interior design for you. Ansa Interiors can help you get your very own personalized dining room that is a true reflection of your style and personal preferences. As with all other forms of interior design, a dining room has its own set of prerequisites and steps about which we will learn today. Read on to know more.
What purpose will your dining room serve?
1. First things first, it is very important to ascertain the functionality and purpose of your dining room. Some questions that need to be answered at this step-
- Is this a space for formal dinners or more intimate family gatherings
- The kind of ambience this room would emanate (could be a calm and relaxed vibe or a livelier vibe that lays the platform for some great conversation)
- The kind of dinnerware that would be stored or used to serve food here.
Once these questions have been answered, it becomes very easy for us to propose a dining room interior design plan that is a best fit as per your needs. We also discussed what to consider in dining room interior design in our blog on Medium. Check it out here!
Go multi-dimensional with the lighting for dining room interior design
2. As one of the leading interior designers in East Delhi & Delhi NCR, we at Ansa recommend all our clients to go for multiple light sources for the dining room. It is important to have different light sources to serve different occasions and needs.
3. Natural light through the windows is great for a weekend brunch. Soft lighting is a great way to create a cozy ambience for intimate family dinners.
4. The shape of the light source you choose will depend on the shape of the dining table. So an oval dining table would do well with an oval-shaped light while a rectangular one would look flattering with a linear light source at the top.
5. The only thing to be taken care of is that these light sources should be at a considerably low level so that they do not cast a shadow on anyone who is seated at a chair.
6. Another point of consideration for big dining spaces is the use of a flattering chandelier to enhance the overall look and appeal of the room. These days, the market is also replete with pendant light options which can be used in dining rooms that have a decent size (neither too huge nor too miniscule).
The table is the ‘star of the show’
7. The dining table is the center of attraction when it comes to designing dining room. The table should be inviting enough so that guests or family members have no choice but to take a seat at the table and eat and talk.
8. The chairs, the furnishings, the dinnerware, and all other accessories should complement the table, which is the main focal point of the room.
9. Once the dining table is decided, it becomes pretty easy to buy other furniture. Just bear in mind that your furniture’s size should be such that there is ample space to walk around comfortably and there are no tight or cluttered spaces within the room.
Mix and match the linens
10. Dining room is one area where a family sits multiple times during a day to have a meal. With such a high frequency of usage, it becomes important to clean the table linen often.
11. If you are using the table cover, the napkins, the placemats, and the table runner of the same color or pattern, it could be a challenge to maintain uniformity of look if even one of the items has some spilled over food or drink. So the more flexible you are, the easier it will be to maintain your dining room linen.
12. Mix and match as much as possible. This will allow you to have multiple combinations that give a uniform yet aesthetic look to your table.
Add a pop of color
13. Conventional dining rooms will have linen and dishes in neutral colors and tones such as white, cream, off-white, light brown, and the like. However, you can make things interesting by adding a pop of color to the set-up.
14. This could be in the form of a bright-colored accessory like a flower vase for the center. You can also try wall accents or linen in rich plush fabrics and textures.
15. We give our clients full creative freedom here to come up with a color scheme that inspires them and is reflective of their personal style.
How can the walls be forgotten?
16. All said and done, no dining room interior design is complete without paying attention to the walls. Wall décor can make or mar the look of the room.
17. Try different colors or textures that create a private yet open and inviting space for diners to get together and have a good and hearty meal over nice conversation.
18. You could go a step further and add a personal touch by choosing wall art that has some meaning or relevance to your personal life. It could be anything- something synonymous with a vacation you took, or something that is symbolic of your wedding.
19. Take our word, nothing works wonders like a personal element when it comes to dining room interiors!
Accessorize but with caution
20. More often than not, we fall into the temptation of adding accessories to our personal spaces. But when it comes to the dining room, take note that ‘less is more’. While we want the elegance and aesthetics of decorative items, we also do not want to have a cluttered dining table at the end of the day. Nobody would want to see a table with more accessories and less food, isn’t it? For a circular shaped dining table, a stunning center piece would do the job. For longer linear shapes, two to three accessories can be placed in the middle of the table. And that is pretty much about it.
As one of the renowned names among award-winning interior design companies in Delhi, Ansa Interiors will take care of all your dining room interior design needs. Right from conceptualization of the design to the smallest accessory that you will incorporate, we take care of the entire process from start to end. Hurry and get in touch today for a consultation!