Luxury Bathroom Design: What You Must Know
This post was originally published in the Tribune, written by Sapna Aggarwal – creative director, Ansa Interiors.
Bathrooms have come a long way from the tiny, dingy little cubicles that our ancestors rushed in and out of as fast as they could. Spending any thought or money on doing up these rooms was considered a sheer waste until very recently.
Bathrooms are increasingly becoming a focus in homes and the importance of the right bathroom design, bathroom suites and bathroom furniture is key to creating a well designed and welcoming environment to prepare for the day ahead or relax after a stressful one.
As such, badly designed and poorly decorated bathrooms are becoming a thing of the past as homeowners are beginning opt for luxury bathroom design that are perfect for their style of life.
The bathrooms of today are different in quality and style-ranging from the practical to luxurious. Every individual’s idea of luxury differs, as do the features they would like to include in their bathrooms. The possibilities are endless:His and Hers wash-basins, bidets, Jacuzzis with underwater lighting and adjustable slide jets with an option of water, heated air or both, sauna, steam bath ,whirlpool or a reading nook with bookshelves and two comfy chairs! Then there are bathrooms located in a secluded corner of the house beside a glass wall that brings the outdoors with in.
Luxury Bathroom Design – Style & Substance
There are numerous factors that need to be considered when it comes to redesigning bathrooms and some of the most important include:
- Budget – For those opting to redesign their bathrooms, the all important aspect to bear in mind is budget. Bathroom furniture, fixtures and fittings can be tailored to meet all budgets and new bathroom suites need to complement any furniture used in the bathroom.
- Mechanics – If altering the layout of bathrooms or bathroom suites, it is important to bear in mind the existing pipe work that the bathroom is serviced by. Significantly altering the location of bathroom fixtures and fittings may add cost to the overall redevelopment of a bathroom.
- Furniture – When it comes to setting the tone in a bathroom redevelopment, bathroom furniture has an important part to play. For example, you could opt for freestanding or fitted bathroom furniture to complement a new bathroom suite.
Best Luxury Bathroom Interior Design Ideas
1.Turn Cold Bathroom Tile Luxuriously Warm
Five-star luxury is all about how you feel – a warm inviting bathroom is a great place to start. Stepping into a warm bathroom first thing in the morning is a great way to start your day.
The warmth underfoot really makes a difference – especially if you have tile or stone flooring. The process of achieving this creature comfort is not complicated.
Electric floor warming systems easily install in cement under ceramic tiles and stone floors by your local tile contractor.
2. Steam Free Mirror
Have you ever had the frustrating experience of stepping out of the shower only to find a steamed up mirror? You are not alone. The electric bathroom mirror defogger solves that problem and enhances the bath and shower experience, not only at home, but also in hotels and fitness centers all over the world. These simple and affordable steam-free systems install conveniently behind any fixed mirror to keep the steam away.
3. Towel Warmers
Wrap yourself in a warm, comfortable towel. There are great varieties of models, but also a great variety of sizes. And the best part is that towel warmers are very energy efficient and safe to use in any environment. Because of these advantages, many people planning to remodel their bathroom are considering installing a towel warmer.
4. Bath screens
Whether you’re looking for an extra touch of class or an illusion of space, here are the reasons why bathroom screens are a wiser choice than a shower curtain.
Are you tired of your bathroom getting flooded with water every time you take a shower? Does your shower curtain get in the way when you’re trying to have a bath? Or is it covered in horrible mildew stains and you constantly find yourself replacing it? Are you finding it tricky to get a shower curtain that matches your bathroom suite?
Then it’s best not to bother with a shower curtain at all! A much more sensible option is a bath screen, which has a whole host of benefits in terms of both style and practicality.
5. Bathrooms are ideal for Chromatherapy
Chromatherapy is the term for a branch of holistic healing that utilizes color to achieve optimal health. Its practitioners believe that colored rays have an effect on the body: when a color is seen, it can have an emotional impact – but there may be an even more powerful physical reaction. When rays shine close to the body, they penetrate it, travel through it, causing changes in cells, blood vessels, and the nervous system.
Designed around the concept of Chromatherapy, the new bath range Chromatherapy allows an individual to be immersed in a warm, ultra-deep bath and, with the touch of a button, enhance the bathing environment to include a full spectrum of dramatic color – from soothing to stimulating
6. Bathroom Steam Showers
With a steam shower, experience the indulgent warmth of steam. Let your body relax and purify itself in the rich moisture. Relieve muscle tension and joint fatigue. Reduce stress and cleanse skin impurities. The safe, soothing comfort of a steam bath makes the rest of the world simply fade away. The easily adjustable control panel offers temperature selection and sets the steam session duration, up to 60 minutes. Just relax and enjoy the indulgent warmth of steam.
In one compact unit, the size of a typical shower, you can take a luxurious steam or whirlpool bath, enjoy a multi-head shower, and get a full-dimensional back massage. Steam shower units have a contemporary and elegant look, and come equipped with a radio and telephone, a remote control, and connections for your CD player.
Most people can testify to the relaxing, calming effect those 5 minutes in a Sauna can have on you, athletes may attest to the healing properties that they contain such as relieving the pressure and strain from sore muscles and joints or cleansing the reinvigoration that they can offer your skin. It seems strange then that despite such being such rewarding products that more of us don’t strive to own them.
8. Luxury Jetted Tubs
Jacuzzi and Whirlpool offer an extensive choice of bath tubs.
- Watch for the number of jets. Some tubs have only 6-8 jets. This means you will feel the same sprays at the same place – all the time.
- Air-jetted spa tubs are not only luxurious, but they also promise improvements over traditional water-jet whirlpool baths.
- You can go + size with a 2-person tub.
- Integrated aromatherapy diffusion system lets you add your aroma options.
9. Multi-Jet Showers
- Several manufacturers now offer systems with ambient rain that provides water from the ceiling.
- Some shower systems offer a variety of color lighting options for different moods. Enjoy the intensity of red or use blue light to cool and relax.
- Look for waterfall effects with Rainforest shower heads.
- Different spray options, from regular showerheads to body sprays, bring the perfect showering experience.
- Look for built-in music options to enhance your spa experience.
- Select how hot you like your shower. Thermostatically controlled let you set the temperatures so every time you step into the shower, it will be the same temperature.
Bathroom accessories are color coordinated with the rest of the like the soap trays, bathroom shelves, towel rails, toilet-paper holders, hooks and toothbrush holder. Walk in wardrobes adjacent to the bathroom are also a common feature. A lot of stress is also laid on exhaust, fresh air fans and air conditioning.
Current lifestyles often demand that bathrooms offer extra facilities beyond the purely functional; besides the now mandatory closet storage, make-up table-cum-dresser, washing machine or even a little nook used as a dressing space.
There you go! These are the things that contribute to a luxury bathroom interior designing. We hope these help you out!